Wednesday 24 February 2010

Not much to say

Well as the title of this post suggests, I don't have much to say.

I haven't been up to much for the past few days other than starting my PhD. I am now three days in and haven't really done much. I have basically just been reading, and then reading some more but this is what it will be like for next few weeks, if not months. I am supposed to be gaining some background knowledge about my chosen topic, learning why it is important, check that it hasn't been done before etc. Yesterday, the new PhD students (there are 5 of us) had an informal chat with the guy responsible for postgraduates. After this, we got to meet all of the other PhD students over biscuits - apparently this is a regular fortnightly thing, giving us an opportunity to share our newly acquired discoveries with the rest of the team. Then, we went to the pub! I think there are about 15+ PhD students in total maybe, could be more. Apparently things have been quite quiet, but hopefully now there are 5 new arrivals, things will liven up and there will be more social activities. Everyone seems really nice there and I think I will get on well with them all - especially as I will undoubtedly need their help when it comes to modelling.

Other than read I have done nothing...except itch! These bloody bugs are driving me crazy! Last count I had 40 bites - not impressed! I just hope to God they will soon die off for winter; I think there is a fat chance of that happening.

Love to you all x

No comments:

Post a Comment