Thursday 18 February 2010

Exploring Downtown

So after my massive walk yesterday, I decided to do some more walking today (although not half as much!)! I didn't ache too much, the weather was pretty good, so I was raring to go. Instead of heading to the beach, I headed downtown, towards Circular Quay - the home of the Sydney Opera House, and Harbour Bridge. I know I saw these briefly before but I wanted to wander around more.





After this, I went and explored the Botanical Gardens, just east of the harbour bridge, to get some nice views of the opera house and bridge together - the classic Sydney photo. The Gardens were really nice - I have to say, it's nice to have so much "green" around. So here are some of the shots





By this point, it started to get cloudier and my legs and feet started to ache. I originally planned walking west towards Darling Harbour, the home of Sydney's Aquarium. However, due to the aforementioned reasons, I changed my plan. After finishing up at the Botanical Gardens, I walked down towards Hyde Park (the have such original names here - along with Oxford Street etc etc), another parkland, pretty much slap bang in the middle of the city. Whilst there, I saw this crazy bird man (See picture) - he had, what seemed like, hundreds of birds on him, literally climbing all over his face. It wouldn't be so bad if it were just the pigeons, but it was also the pretty big Ida's! CRASY! There was a good crowd of people around him, amazed at why he would do such a thing - probably just some hobo!



From here I walked down to George Street, the main street running through the city centre. I wandered around a little bit, had a look at what shops there were etc. By this point my fee really started to ache so I decided to call it quits - I walked back to Circular Quay, hopped on a bus and came home. Since then, I have discovered blisters on my feet and a nice patch of red on my neck. A good trip I feel. Tomorrow I think I will take it easy.

Over and out x

No comments:

Post a Comment