Sunday 21 February 2010

Manly

Hi guys,

Just spent my second weekend in Australia and unlike last weekend, the weather has been great. Temps were about 28C yesterday, 30C today - pretty much clear skies and some light wind...lovely!

Yesterday I went back to Coogee, spent a few hours on the beach sunbathing. I am suffering for it today though; despite putting on lots of suncream I managed to get a little bit sun burnt - definitely need to invest in some factor 30 I think. I also witnessed a theft, well kind of; basically two girls were sunbathing next to me but kept on coming back and forth - they had been gone for about half an hour (having left their bag) when three more girls came along saying that the bag the other girls had left behind, was hers and that the purse and all other valuables were stolen - UH OH! This has taught me to take my belongings close at hand whilst on the beach! After walking home in my flip-flops (thongs) I also got a blister, not good.

Today I went to Manly with the Canadian guy, Adam. You have take a ferry from Circular Quay (the opera house) and the ride takes about 30 minutes. You get some lovely views of the city though so it was worth the £1.50 it costs. Below are some pictures from the ferry journey.





So we arrived at Manly, had some lunch, and basically wandered around for a while. There is supposed to be an amazing walk from Manly to the Spit, but this takes about 4 hours apparently and we weren't feeling it. So we checked out Manly and Shelly beach, did a little bit of shopping, and that was about it. As it was Sunday, the beach was absolutely rammed - I think a trip during the week would be much better so I shall return someday soon I am sure.


The very busy Manly Beach

Shelly Beach


Also had another housemate move in the other day - she is from India. Just one left now!

Start my PhD properly tomorrow - shall keep you all updated as to how it goes. Wish me luck...

Hade

No comments:

Post a Comment