Saturday 18 September 2010

Water, Water, Everywhere!

G'day.

So as has become custom for the past few weekends, I surprisingly went for another walk this weekend. Having done a small part of the Sydney coastal walk many a time, I decided it was time to go further afield with the coastal walk, going north, beyond Bondi, to a place called Watsons Bay, part of which is part of the Sydney Harbour National Park which I went to the other week. Just before I left, my housemate told me that she saw some whales last yesterday at Maroubra (where I went last week but didn't see any). So before I left, I was determined to find some whales, I simply had to! Well....within say 45 minutes of my walk, what did I see....?? Whales....NO! But I did see about 10 dolphins swimming by. At first glance I thought it was a surfer, and then when I looked again, I realised it was a dolphin. I was very excited and soon a small crowd appeared around me. I tried to take some pictures, but as the zoom is pretty shite on my camera (if only I already bought my DLSR), I didn't really get a good picture. But still, I SAW SOME WILD DOLPHINS, WOOOOO! After hoping that this was a good omen for seeing whales, I was wrong; no whale sightings for me :(



The rest of the walk was pretty ace though; it took me about 4 hours to reach my destination but it was worth it. No pesky kids playing dangerously this time, perhaps this was because the waves were massive today (apparently they were up to 15m in Tassy!). I did, however, get annoyed by runners. This one woman was jogging, and overtook me. We reached some stairs, and she decided to walk exceedingly slow in front of me. I overtook her, reached the top of the stairs, and 30 seconds later, she started jogging again, overtook me, reached some stairs and basically stopped again! God people are annoying, stopping suddenly right in front of me, stopping in inconvenient places on narrow paths. RETARDS! Who knows what tomorrow will bring.



1 comment:

  1. I love that you still manage to have a serious whinge even while writing...!

    ReplyDelete