Sunday 12 September 2010

Walking Away My Woes

Hola!

This week has been a bit poopy, mainly because of my inability to work Matlab, thus causing considerable hold-ups with the PhD. Joy! I realise that this is a pretty lame problem but it is pissing me off, and me being me, I like to whinge about it (to you guys, obviously not to the advisor). In order to just chill and try not to worry about Matlab, I decided to do a lot of walking this weekend. I didn't go anywhere exciting, just the coastal walk to Maroubra on Saturday, and then to Bondi (and beyond) today, both I which I have a done a few times now.

The walk to Maroubra (Saturday) was very pleasant. There wasn't a cloud in the sky so that immediately lifted my spirits (especially since I had a hardcore clean of my room that morning, always depressing). Last time I did this walk, I managed to get a bit lost and you may recall that I ended up scrambling across rocks/rock-pools, a near death experience. Well this time, I managed to find the correct route, avoiding the near-death section. On the way, I some saw some young kids (probably 13/14), playing on a rocky section - the waves were pretty big and it was very dangerous, I just wanted to go and lecture them. I reached my target, and sat at the beach for about an hour, reading my book, before heading back. I had hoped for it to be sunset on the way back, but I clearly walk too fast and sunset wasn't for another hour. This obviously foiled my plans to take some nice pictures, so I headed back home.



Today, the festival of the wind was being held at Bondi Beach; this is basically just a kite flying festival so I thought I would go and check it out. I managed to reach Bondi from home in just over an hour which I was pretty impressed with, it is about 7km after all. The actual "festival" was pretty shite, there weren't a lot of kites there so I was a little disappointed. I didn't waste my walk, and sat soaking up the sun and enjoying the awesome clouds :) I then walked to the shopping centre, and back home (another 6km or so). So there you have it, that was my weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment