Saturday 21 August 2010

Some Greenery!

Well, as promised, I have posted a few pictures for you guys. The first lot is actually from the first weekend back in Australia when I went for an early morning stroll around Centennial Park due to jet-lag. I have to say, I really like Centennial Park; it is perhaps one of my favourite places in Sydney - so full of life, both flora and fauna! Twas a beautiful day, very sunny, fairly warm, little wind. So here are the pics...










These second lot of pictures are from a place called Glebe Gully Reserve. It's a tiny reserve literally 2 minutes down the road from me - a small piece of paradise set between urbanisation. At only 491m long and probably only 100m wide max, it is a very small place so only took about 5 minutes to walk to the other side and back. As with Centennial Park, it's a very lush place - a great place to escape from the noise of traffic to hear birds instead. A few pics...




Other news from the week:
- fairly uneventful as per usual - busy trying to do some work before my meeting with Matt on Thursday
- Meeting went OK - got the feeling he wasn't too impressed but meh!
- Matt and I both decided that I wouldn't go to Tasmania to this conference...think I need to do some more work first
- I finally got my money that was stolen back! After waiting the extra two weeks, I went into the bank to have a moan to find that the dispute had already been resolved but the money hadn't gone in. So that was good news - goodbye credit card debt!
- Had a night out with people from the CCRC last night (both students and more important people). Had a great night - fun was had by all!

Hopefully I will be doing something exciting tomorrow, perhaps a trip to Sydney Harbour National Park! I hope the weather stays good.

Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment