Saturday 7 August 2010

A Delightful Journey Back to Sydney

G’day guys & gals!

Firstly, I apologise for not blogging for ages; I think it’s nearly been a month! Doesn’t time fly? My excuse this time is that most people that read my blog have actually seen me recently so there has been no need to update you via my blog.

Well after nearly two months away, it was time for me to return to Australia. I had a fantastic time in Norway/Svalbard/England but I was actually looking forward to getting back; not really looking forward to the work though. Saying that, I did do a little bit whilst at home; my paper has been submitted to the journal “Climate Dynamics” so hopefully, in a few months, I should find out whether it has been accepted for publication. Fingers crossed!

My flight over was potentially one of the most boring EVER! Firstly, I should mention that the flight was typically delayed, not by long, but delayed nonetheless. For what reason I hear you ask...because the cabin crew were late! Can you believe it? I certainly could not. I managed to about half an hours sleep on the first 12 hour leg to Singapore (turns out this was my stopover), not nearly enough. The situation was not much better to Sydney, perhaps another hour....Moreover, for the first time ever, my top teeth on the right side of my mouth decided to really hurt upon descent...both times! Not sure if this is something to do with my sinuses but it was potentially one of the most painful things of my life! My eyes were actually watering because it was that painful  I did get some entertainment, however, when the girl next to me started crying because there was some turbulence. It was so funny, I think she actually shat herself.

20-odd hours later, I arrived in Sydney, took a taxi to my hotel (Jesus Christ the taxi was expensive), and slept! Woke up at 5am the next morning (don’t you just love jet-lag), and began the house hunt. The first place I visited was a complete shit hole and made me a bit dubious as to what other houses would be like. The next house I viewed was actually really nice though so I took it! There are only three bedrooms so the lounge and kitchen are pretty small but the bedroom is quite big so I’m happy. Plus it means I’m not homeless which is always a bonus. Will get back to you with more details once I have moved in on Monday. I’m spending the next few nights on the sofa at my old place; hopefully it won’t be too noisy. I also hope I get over this bloody jet-lag ASAP – I really do not like having a shit night’s sleep just to wake up at 5am. Maybe tonight I will get a good night’s sleep; they do say third time lucky.

Over and out.

No comments:

Post a Comment