Sunday 15 August 2010

Back in the swing of it!

Bonjour mon amis!

After just over a week in Sydney, I feel like I am settling back into the Aussie way of life. I think I'm finally over the jet-lag too which is an extra bonus; waking up at 10am this morning confirms this!

Moved into my new place on Monday (well I moved into the spare room until the guy who was in my room moved out on Saturday). So far I am very happy. My housemates are really nice and friendly - I think they're looking forward to learning better English (although they are both fluent already)...I don't think they can learn much from me...! I moved into my actual new room yesterday (Saturday) and spent much of the day sorting everything. I even built myself a bookcase! I had a few issues with this, mainly because I didn't have a screwdriver and was working only with a knife. After about 2 hours, and still not completed, I decided to give in and go and buy myself a screwdriver....2 minutes later, the bookcase was complete! Lovely.

In addition to moving and overcoming jet-lag, I also managed to have a fairly productive week (OK 3.5 days) at uni! I guess waking up really early has its benefits...I'm hoping the productivity overflows into next week when I have a meeting with my advisor. I will update you all if he shouts at me due to a lack of work.

This evening I went to a lovely little chocolate cafe called "chocolate by the bald man" (or something similar). I went with one of my new housemates and two of her friends that she went skiing with for the past few days (this has very much made me want to go skiing...research is being done into how to make this possible). This cafe was bloody amazing. The smell of melted chocolate as I walked in was mouth-watering. I enjoyed a nice hot white chocolate which was bloody fantastic; like milky bar in a cup! To accompany this I had a gorgeous Belgian waffle with melted chocolate, strawberries, banana and ice-cream. Seriously, it was sooooo good. I can't believe I've never heard of this place before but I will most definitely be going back, perhaps very soon indeed!

Hopefully I shall do something exciting next weekend so I can post some pictures.

Love to you all

No comments:

Post a Comment