Friday 21 May 2010

Back to work!

So last Saturday (God I can't believe how quickly this week has gone), I said goodbye to my friends, set off from Rainbow and headed back to Brisbane to catch my flight back to Sydney. I really didn't want to leave my friends as we were having such a laugh but I was away for 15 days and had more off in Sydney, so I can't really complain.

Once I got back to Sydney, still complete with my lurgy, I was made to feel even worse by the bloody weather. Since being back, it has pretty much rained everyday, all day! It's very depressing, not what I expect from Australia.

I spent Monday through Wednesday recovering at home (well I went in for 2 hours on Monday and felt really rough so I left), making my presentation for when I go to Oslo. Come Thursday (yesterday), I thought I really should go back to work properly so off I went, and spent my first whole day in the office for at least three weeks! I would say it was good to be back but obviously it wasn't.

Today I had my first proper meeting with my supervisor since basically arriving in Sydney. It was actually really good and spurred me on to do some work before I leave again in two weeks. I showed him some of the work I had been doing, and from this, we decided upon the ways in which we can progress, and pretty much set out the first half of my thesis - plus we briefly stated what the second half would be. Along the way we discussed what papers I could write etc (they expect to have at least 3 in motion by the time of submitting the thesis). So all in all, a good motivating meeting! Made me feel much better about the work as well.

Nothing else to update! No plans for the weekend - need to save my money for Oslo!

Peace out

No comments:

Post a Comment