Saturday 13 March 2010

It's been a while...

Hey guys,

I know it's been a long time since my last blog but my life hasn't been particularly exciting so I didn't see the point in boring you all. I have been busy at uni, learning software, doing lots of reading...it's all very exciting. This week I did get my hair cut though (Kerry you will no doubt be doing it when you come over) and I booked my flights to Norway to attend the International Polar Year Oslo Science conference...I was accepted to do an oral presentation for this so will be presenting my work in front of hundreds of polar scientists, GREAT! As I have to fly through heathrow to get back to Sydney I will be coming home for a week or so as well...a free trip so I can't complain at all.

Well as the weather today wasn't too bad (when I left anyway), I decided to go for a walk, this time doing the beach walk from Coogee to Maroubra (the other way to my previous walk to Bondi). About half way through the walk I got a bit lost and ended up walking along the bottom of the 'cliff face' for about 30 minutes. This would have been fine but because it was pretty windy and I think high tide, I had to be careful not to get knocked over by the waves, and also avoid getting drenched. This worked pretty well until I stepped in a big puddle and my left show got drenched...it sooned dried out though. I did get to see some crabs and it was quite exciting so it was totally worth it. Overall the walk was pretty good (I think I preferred walking to Bondi), the beach at Maroubra was really nice though (I think perhaps nicer than Bondi) but this may have just been because it had gotten cloudier at this point and the beach was pretty empty.

After the two hour-ish walk to Maroubra, I decided to walk to Eastgardens shopping centre to pick up an ariel cable for my new (second hand) tv. This was about another 30 minutes from the beach so not too far. After leaving eastgardens, I decided to go home. My feet were starting to ache and I could feel some blisters coming on but I thought I would be heathly and do the 40 minute walk home. The weather had also started to turn; dark grey clouds were looming in the distance so I thought I should get a move on. However, me being stupid, I went the wrong way (I just followed the route the bus usually takes) and ended up going the long way home, over an hour instead of the 40 minutes. The heavens also decided to open at this point so I ended up walking home in the pissing rain, YAY! So in total, over 15km of walking and typically, as soon as I got home, the sun came out again!!! But that was the end of my adventures for the day.

Oh, Grandad, I did see an Aldi on my travels and it made me think of you.

Well I think that is everything you need to get caught up on my life. I will try and be more exciting so I have something to blog about more regularly. Here are some pictures from my walk today. Much love x












Maroubra Beach




The Pacific















1 comment:

  1. Wow I love your pictures Graham! They look tres professional! I hope you're having a lovely time, it sounds like you are x

    ReplyDelete