Tuesday 30 March 2010

Fire Alarms!

This is going to be a bit of rant blog! I am so fed up with the stupid fire alarms where I am living. It seems a day doesn't go by without it going off. This is no normal fire alarm with a few bells ringing either, it's a mans voice booming out "danger, danger, evacuate, evacuate!!!"...or something very similar anyway and it is so so loud!!! I wouldn't mind if these were at normal hours of the day, but they are not. Last night it was 1.30am, a few weeks ago it was at 4am! I mean for God's sake! It doesn't help that I was already knackered after my housemate rudely had "some people round" (complete with decks) on Sunday night which prevented me from sleeping until 1am! I swear Australia just doesn't want me to sleep!

Well that is my rant over...for now.

I didn't really get up to much this weekend. Went into the city with my housemate who wanted to get a tattoo for her birthday. This required a 10 minute walk (max) and she was whinging all the way about how far it was and how hard a walk (it was basically flat!). Unsurprisingly she also chickened out in the shop (I was expecting this). After spending time listening to her whinge though, I understand how annoying it is when I do it so from now on, I will do my best to stop (the above paragraph was a rant, not a whinge!). After this, I went and did a little bit of shopping.

On Sunday the weather was beautiful so it was beach time! Just monged, listened to my music. Twas lovely to relax in the sun and top up the tan.

Today I booked my flights from Brisbane to Sydney for when I go travelling up the east coast. Four weeks today my friends arrive in Sydney, and four weeks four days until we depart! I CANNOT WAIT!

Unfortunately no pictures for you lovely people this time. Maybe next weekend as I plan to go to Royal National Park for a day trip.
Peace out.

1 comment:

  1. I saw a tv show called "Simply Ming"

    Ming, not to be confused with mong, right?

    ReplyDelete