Tuesday 8 June 2010

Back in Oslo!

Halaien alle sammen!

After ~24 hours in the air, I finally arrived back in Oslo - it's definitely good to be back! My journey was extremely uncomfortable after pulling a muscle in my back somehow on my way to the airport so it kept on spasming the entire journey - GREAT! Luckily I managed to change my flights once I got to Heathrow so I didn't have to wait 12 hours waiting for my flight to Oslo.

Just completed a two day career development session in which I was a organiser for one of the sessions (alternative careers in polar science); it went really well and we got good feedback. Hopefully the participants got something useful out of it. Yesterday (sunday), we got to go on a cruise on the Oslo fjord which was ace - some amazing views and it was all free!

Tomorrow the actual conference starts so I imagine I will be busy seeing many people talk over the next 5 days. I really need to practice my own talk as well - it's on Thursday, eek! Hopefully it will go OK, I will keep you all posted.

Well not much else to tell you all. Will try and update soon.

Hade bra min lille due!

No comments:

Post a Comment