Saturday 10 September 2011

Tales of an abandoned blog...

Finally, after two months of zero-blogging action, I'm back! For those that have continually pestered me to blog again (you know who you are) over the past month or so, I hope this keeps you happy for a short while at least.

So what's my excuse? Laziness? Forgetfulness? Stupidity? Although common features in my everyday life, none of the aforementioned reasons are to blame...instead, it comes down to the fact that I have done very little that is exciting enough to blog about. See, really I am thoughtful and making sure you don't end up reading paragraph after paragraph of nothingness, but as you asked for something, nothingness if what you'll get.

Since you last read about my exciting Svalbard adventures, my life has become pretty mundane, and will likely remain so for the next few weeks at least. I do have a few things up my sleeve but I won't give everything away in order for you to come back and check my blog each and every day. Just so you don't think I've become a total bore, I will be travelling to the US of A in 6 weeks time so fun times will be had! Best of all I get to see one of my bestest friends who I haven't seen for nearly 14 months now, cannot wait!

One thing I am very excited about is the shiny new wide-angle camera lens I bought myself this week. I probably shouldn't have treated myself so extravagantly, but it was totally worth it, and hopefully you guys can attest to that when I get out and take some proper photos with it in the coming weeks.

In the mean time, here are just a few snaps taken over the past few months in Sydney and surrounds. The star snapshot isn't great, but considering the light pollution in Sydney, I was very impressed that the cloudiness of the milky way can at least partially be seen. The other two photos were taken on a little jaunt to the Blue Mountains.








No comments:

Post a Comment