Sunday 17 April 2011

A Quick Trip to Tassie

Once again, I've been shit and not blogged in forever. My bad... Last week (God, was it really over a week ago already?) I went on a quick trip to Tasmania; it was only 4 days (well 3 full days, and 2 half days of travelling) so it cannot be considered a holiday, more a "short break". I won't ramble on too much about the holiday, but here is just a quick summary of what we did:

- Picked up the hire car and nearly got whip-lash within 5 seconds of driving due to very sensitive brakes.

- Flew into Hobart and wandered around the Botanical Gardens (obivously) checking out the beautiful Autumnal (haha!) colours, and spending probably an hour taking photos of one tree...


- Caught up with some of my friends from the Antarctic trip over a lovely $12 bottle of cider - very expensive! After one of the people got really drunk and fell off her chair, it was time to quickly leave...

- Next morning got up early to drive to Freycinet National Park with a quick stop at the supermarket, followed by some driving up the wrong way on a one way street. It's pretty lucky the traffic in Hobart isn't bad!

- A lovely walk around Freycinet, taking in Wineglass Bay and Hazards Beach

- An amazing photographic session of the stars, playing with my remote shutter release! I have never seen so many stars in my life, it was truly amazing. I even saw 6 shooting stars, which brings my grand total up to 7 (well I only remember seeing one other shooting star anyway)

- Scrambling around on the rocks for an entire morning in Bay of Fires - it's strange how much fun can be had jumping from rock to rock...

- Being mocked for taking photos of cows - I personally really like the photos I took

- Finding out I have been accepted for a summer school in Svalbard, which means I get to come home very VERY soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment