Wednesday 27 October 2010

More Whales!

Good morning,

I seem to have been neglecting my blog recently, OK, well not neglecting, just not posting every week. This will be a short post as I really haven't done anything interesting (again).

As the name of this post suggests, I saw some more whales! Last Friday it was such a glorious day that I decided to ditch uni early afternoon, go down to Coogee, and do a spot of whale watching; I was not disappointed. Once again, I had to wait a few hours for them to turn up, but once they did, they put on a show for me. The display started with a mummy and baby whale, on their backs, smacking their tail fins up and down for ages. This was then followed by another whale doing a few jumps. Obviously I had my new camera with me, so I snapped away; pictures below. On Saturday, I also went to the beach to have a bit of a photo geeking session with Laura (my now-official co-supervisor, and fellow photo geek)and saw another whale. This time it was further away so it wasn't worth photographing. I swear I am now some sort of whale magnet.

On Sunday I had my second ever thanksgiving. It's early I know, but we had it between the Canadian and American dates - plus during last years thanksgiving, it was apparently 30C+ in Sydney so the host (Karin, a fellow PhD student), thought it would be much more comfortable to have it earlier without the heat. Good food, nice people - a very pleasant day.


So here are those pictures:





No comments:

Post a Comment