Wednesday 14 July 2010

Hade Svalbard

Halaien,

The last few days in Svalbard have gone by without anything interesting happening. The attendees of the field school have been busy doing their group projects which meant no field work or excursions :( This did, however, give me and Sean time to start completing jobs on a big long list of things that had accrued over our time in Svalbard, including making sure all the blogs were done (they can be seen on a link at www.unis.no), sort out other odds and ends, and start making the movie. Exciting stuff eh?


With the final presentations of the attendees came the end of the field school which meant home time the next day, but not before one last party at UNIS. Once again, this meant a late night sleep and considering I was up early that day, I ended up being very tired. The next morning I awoke early for our last group activity – lunch at 10.30am! Crazy Norwegians...! Following this, I was in a meeting for nearly three hours with the course organisers for an evaluation, fun times! As our flight was at 04.50 , I managed to get a few hours sleep before being picked up at 03.00 for the short bus ride to the airport. I did wake up at 2am, got myself ready and decided to just lie down for a bit. Obviously I fell asleep shortly after and was woken by Sean 30 minutes later – I was very confused and according to Sean, I didn’t even speak English when I replied.

Glad to know my help was appreciated...


I was hoping for some clear skies on the way home to get some nice views of Svalbard. This was not the case so it was back to sleep for me! Almost 2 hours later, I was once again woken from my slumber, this time by the air hostess – why are people so adamant that I shouldn’t sleep?

Me, Sean and the course organisers on the UNIS roof!


I had another fantastic three weeks in Svalbard. I met some great people, learnt a little bit, saw some great scenery; not much more I can ask for really! Hopefully I return once again!

No comments:

Post a Comment