Thursday 22 April 2010

Marking

Hello guys!

Today I invigilated an exam. It was great to be on the other side of things, not having to stress about revision and trying to get everything written down in time. Plus I got paid for it, about £25 for the hour so can't complain about that. I'm also marking some of the exams (even more money!). It's a marine environment course so basic physical oceanography and marine biology stuff. I am now 1/5th of the way through the marking and I just can't believe some people. It is so obvious that people have no idea what they are writing about and that they have done no revision whatsoever.

One answer which make me actually laugh out load:

What is a gyre?

The answer someone gave: A rock in the ocean!

A gyre is very basically horizontal ocean currents that circulate around ocean basin - it is by no means a bloody rock in the ocean! I mean if they thought that, they must have not done any revision or even attended any of the lectures! Too funny!

I just wanted to share my dismay at the lack of work people actually do for exams. What is the point in paying all that money to "learn" and then not bother!

HADE!

No comments:

Post a Comment